Smother your burritos or french fries with this mouthwatering and delicious green chile sauce. Your food will be forever grateful that you added this flavor of goodness to it!Recipe and photo credit to Farmers Wife Rambles
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups our New Mexican Green Chiles (thawed and chopped)
- 1 large clove garlic – minced
- dash of salt (to taste)
- dash of cumin (to taste)
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and saute until soft.
- Whisk in flour to butter mixture and make a roux.
- Add chicken broth to butter mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add chiles, garlic, salt and cumin and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Love this recipe! Won’t make it any other way from now on. Delicious!!!
Thank you for the recipes you’ve been sharing with us. I wanted to know if this sauce freezes well?