Soup for a Fall and winters day, makes your body so nice and warm. Especially with this soup that has a kick of Bongo sauce to make it incredibly flavorful!
Recipe and picture from Blue Flamingo Foods
- ½ Bottle of Bongo Sauce
- One 14 ounce can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 can of sweet corn or one freshly roasted ear of corn, stripped.
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Pinch of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon green chile powder
- Lime wedges
- Combine chicken broth and Bongo Sauce in a blender and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Add half of the avocado and blend for a few more seconds until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a pot
- Stir in ¼ cup heavy cream
- Add seasonings to taste and stir.
- Heat the soup until just before it reaches a boil and then simmer on low for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the desired amount of sweet corn to the soup. This adds some texture to the soup and balances the light spiciness of the soup nicely.
- Serve in a shallow bowl and top with the remaining chunks or slices of avocado.
- Dust the soup with a little cayenne pepper or New Mexico red chile powder for a finishing touch of spice and color.
- Finish the dish with a few squirts of fresh lime juice, if desired.