Thanksgiving is just around the corner - and while the classics are good...Chile Fanatics have got to SPICE things up a bit.
Don’t You Think?
Well this recipe will do just that for you - spice up a classic potato dish.
Be warned that depending on the company you will be having over...you will need to adjust heat levels accordingly.
Our Frozen Green Chile selection is fresh this year and we have a variety of temperatures from mild to extra hot.
Our Last Shipping Day to Guarantee Delivery of Frozen Chile before Thanksgiving is November 13th - SAVE 10% on 10 lbs of Frozen Chile with coupon code "GRATEFUL10"
Sale Ends November 12th 11:59PM
Recipe modified from boulderlocavore.
- 1 ½ pounds Russet Potatoes , skinned and thinly sliced (I use a mandoline slicer to ensure uniform slices)
- ¾ cup heavy Whipping Cream
- ¾ cup frozen and roasted New Mexican Connection Green Chiles, chopped
- ½ cup grated Mild Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ cup Red Onion , diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted Butter , cut into small pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8 ½ inch by 11 inch baking pan (note: a larger pan can by used if needed)
- Line the bottom of the pan with half of the potatoes.
- Drizzle with ¼ cup of cream, half of the chiles , 2 tablespoons of the butter, ¼ cup of the onions, ¼ cup of cheddar cheese, ¼ cup of Monterey Jack cheese, salt and pepper.
- Repeat the layer as above using ½ cup of cream and the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Click Here to Download a Printable Version of the Recipe.