A favorite Mexican dish is Enchiladas - and it only gets better with Authentic New Mexico Ingredients and more cheese.
This recipe features a customer favorite - Fresh Red Chile Sauce from The Fresh Chile Co.
Try this out only if you want a powerful and authentic flavor that comes from sauce made from Fresh Hatch Chiles!
Recipe Courtesy of The Fresh Chile Co.
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 4 to 8 Eggs
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1 jar of The Fresh Chile Co. Red Sauce
- 1 pound of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound of grated asadero or muenster cheese
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- Brown onions in skillet with 3/4 of the diced onions.
- Heat tortillas
- Heat The Fresh Chile Co. Red Sauce in a sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water.
- Apply a small amount of sauce on 4 plates.
- Place one tortilla on each plate and cover with hamburger.
- Add more sauce and cover with grated cheddar cheese.
- On the second layer, add more sauce, asadero or muenster cheese and dusting of diced onions.
- Broil in oven until cheese is caramelized and slightly brown. Fry eggs over easy. Remove enchiladas from oven and put egg(s) on top and serve.
Click Here to Shop for Fresh Red Chile Sauce
Or if you want to download a PDF of this recipe, Click Here.