Aaahhhh...Fresh Chile Harvest is HERE!! For the 30-45 days of harvest before the first freeze, we are able to ship FRESH Chile around the United States for all to enjoy Authentic New Mexican Chile.
And to celebrate - our recipe today is going to use some Fresh Chile!
Green Chile is often used all diced up and mixed in - but not this time. Today, we are stuffing the Green Chile with a delicious meat mixture for a healthy combination.
Serve this at a get together, or for your family. Green chile lovers are certain to enjoy.
This recipe is modified from Couple in the Kitchen
- 4 New Mexican Connection Fresh Green Chiles
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp of Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp diced cilantro
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup monterrey Jack cheese
- Additional cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees or turn on your broiler in your oven
- Cut a slice down each chile and use a spoon or other utensil to remove the seeds
- Grill or broil them until the skin starts to blister and char
- Remove them from the grill
- In a skillet, heat up the oil and add the diced onion.
- After the onion is softened, add the ground turkey, hot sauce, spices, and chopped cilantro.
- Cook until the turkey is completely cooked through
- Using a spoon, stuff the meat mixture into the hatch chiles
- Top with cheese and broil for a few minutes until the cheese starts to bubble and brown
- Sprinkle them with fresh cilantro for garnish.
Download a PDF of this recipe by Clicking Here