This delicious quick version of our stew features our Award-Winning Bongo Sauce as the flavorful base. It is perfect for those hectic weekday nights.
This recipe is from Blue Flamingo Foods
- 1 Bottle Bongo Sauce (Roasted Poblano and Tomatillo Salsa Verde)
- 1 Cup Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ Pound Pork Tenderloin, Trimmed and Cubed
- ½ Cup Slivered Onions
- ½ Cup Cubed Yellow Squash
- ½ Cup Frozen, Diced Potatoes from your local store (or diced fresh potato)
- Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- Dollop of Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Avocado Sliced or Cubed
- Hot Flour Tortilla or cooked rice on the side
- Trim and cube the pork tenderloin into bite-sized pieces
- Sliver the onion and set aside
- Chop yellow squash into bite-sized pieces and set aside
- In a lightly oiled pot cook the pork pieces and set aside
- Add the slivered onions and diced potatoes to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little more oil, if necessary.
- Add one bottle of Bongo Sauce
- Add 8 ounces of chicken broth and stir all ingredients
- Bring pot to a boil, then back off to a slow simmer. With a lid slightly vented, simmer on low for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The juice will reduce a little while simmering.
- Add the cooked pork tenderloin and yellow squash to the pot and continue simmering for 5-7 minutes or until the juice has reduced to the desired consistency.
- Add remaining chicken broth if needed during cooking.
- Serve in a bowl, then top the stew with a dollop of sour cream, the chopped tomatoes and avocado.
Love green chili