As we come into the cold winter, nothing is better than a warm, hearty stew filled with the wonderful spice from Fresh Hatch Green Chile Sauce!
For a long time, we have all loved the Red Chile Sauce from The Fresh Chile Co, and JUST RELEASED, a Pure Green Sauce Packed With Flavor.
This recipe features this brand new sauce - pick up a jar or two today. You now have the option of Red, Green, or a Red-Green Combination.
This recipe is modified from The Spruce Eats.
- 2 cups Fresh Chile Co New Green Sauce (just released)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pork lard or vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken or pork (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups tomatillos (husked and coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups chicken or pork broth
- ½ Bag Frozen and roasted green chilies (seeded and diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat the lard or oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering.
- Cook the chicken or pork chunks, in the lard or oil, turning them as necessary to brown all sides.
- Drain the meat on a paper towel or brown paper bag.
- Combine the browned chicken or pork, green sauce, and tomatillos in the insert of a slow cooker or a large saucepot or Dutch oven on the stove.
- Simmer for 2 hours, covered, on low
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 2 hours. Check every 30 minutes and add hot water as necessary to keep the meat submerged.
- Serve chile verde with hot tortillas and rice and beans.
Make this recipe the best possible with Fresh Authentic New Mexico Ingredients: