In New Mexico, it’s a toss up as to whether sopaipillas or green chile are better…
Combine them both and what do you get? Quite possibly the best food combo ever! And when you get premium ingredients for this recipe, you’ll get better flavor and an easy recipe with our customer favorite instant sopaipilla mix - just add water.
This mix has been perfected by the family at Valencia Mill over many
years and also has no trans-fats.
Give this one a try - these will be the easiest sopaipillas you’ve ever made.
This recipe was modified from Taste of Home.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- ½ bag of New Mexican Connection Frozen green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Make sopaipillas according to direction included with Our Instant Sopaipilla Mix - just add water
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Peel and chop the green chile
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, broth, chilies and onion powder; cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut a slit on one side of each sopaipilla; fill with 1/2 cup of meat mixture. Top with cheese. Serve with sauce.
Click Here to Download the Printable PDF Version of This Recipe.