Easy and simple this week - but packed with flavor from our very own Authentic New Mexico Chile!
This chicken will come out juicy from being cooked covered in a seasoned cream cheese mixture. Prepare this and serve it over rice, in tortillas, or a number of other options.
This recipe is modified from The Pinning Mama.
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- One 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ a Bag of New Mexico Green Chile
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 375F
- Take the skin off and dice the New Mexico Green Chile
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened before continuing
- Mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper until combined.
- Stir in the green chile until evenly mixed.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish.
- Cover the chicken breasts with the green chile mixture.
- Top with the monterey jack cheese.
- Since chicken breasts are different sizes, the exact cook time will vary.
- Bake uncovered on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Serve hot over spanish rice, greens, tortillas, or mashed potatoes.
Download the printable PDF by clicking here.