Sopapillas with Honey Butter
This recipe is super easy and perfectly delicious! The whipped homemade honey butter is always a must on instant sopapillas: a Fried pastry. The two combined make for the perfect appetizer to a New Mexican foods and of course we agree for ANY type of food because they are just that good!
- Valencia Instant Sopapilla mix
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup of honey from The Fresh Chile Company
- Follow directions on the back of the bag of the Valencia Instant Sopapilla Mix for how to make them and for desired amount of water to add.
- Whip softened butter by itself until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and honey gradually.
- Beat for again until desired consistency- the fluffier the better!
- Spread butter over hot sopapillas and devour!
Note: This butter should be stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.