Do you love cheesy enchiladas? How about Authentic New Mexican Connection Green Chile?
I thought so...so do we!
The problem is, if you don't live in New Mexico anymore - getting high quality New Mexico Green chile can be rather difficult. You find the perfect recipe...you follow the directions precisely, pull it out of the oven and..."Where's the Green Chile?"
You used the canned chile from the local market, and it just doesn't do the trick. Everything is better with Freshly Roasted Frozen New Mexican Connection Green Chile!
Here's a new one for you to try - adapted from Rachael Ray
Cheese New Mexico Green Chile Enchiladas
- 3/4 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded (3 1/2 cups)
- 8 OZ Authentic New Mexican Connection Green Chile diced (pick your spice level)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- A small handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Vegetable oil (optional, for warming tortillas)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Dice your New Mexican Connection Green Chiles
- In a bowl, combine cheese, chiles, sour cream, yellow onion, garlic, chopped cilantro, and cumin
- Optional: Heat 1/4 inch oil in a skillet. Using tongs, add 1 tortilla at a time, turning in the oil to soften the tortilla for a few seconds - drain on paper towels
- Scoop a few tablespoons of the mixture into each tortilla and roll it up. Place each enchilada in a single layer in a casserole dish. (use 2/3 of your filling on this step)
- Cover with the remaining cheese mixture and bake until golden - about 15 minutes
Try it out and let us know what you think! And if you want to download the PDF version - Click Here!