As summer is coming...so is the sensational aroma of grilling Hamburgers!
And for the Green Chile Addict...add to it the wonderful smell of Green Chile sizzling in all of it’s flavor packed glory - can't beat it.
WE LOVE SUMMER!!!
So, today - we’ve found what is called the “Best Green Chile Cheeseburger.”
In our book, if you add Green Chile from New Mexican Connection to your burger - it’s a good one.
This recipe is modified from Good Housekeeping!
GREEN CHILE CHEESEBURGER
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. ground beef sirloin (90% lean)
- 3/4 lb. ground beef chuck (80% lean)
- 6 slices American or Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c. New Mexican Connection Green Chile diced
- 6 of your favorite hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Heat grill on medium-high.
- In small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In large bowl, gently combine sirloin and chuck and form into 6 (4-inch-wide) patties. Sprinkle both sides with salt mixture.
- Grill burgers 3 minutes; turn over. Top each with slice of cheese. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until desired and cheese has melted.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons green chiles - (or more for the chile addict)
- Serve on buns.
Enjoy this easy to make green chile cheeseburger recipe! And if you want to download a PDF version of this recipe - Click Here!