Ever had green chile bread? Looking for a new way to spice up your bread?
This is how you do it...cheesy bread with authentically grown New Mexico Green Chile - doesn't get too much better than that!
Serve it warm - or keep it for snacking for days to come (if it lasts that long)
This recipe is modified from My Turn for Us.
Green Chile Cheesy Bread
- 6 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 pkgs yeast
- 1 bag of New Mexican Connection Green Chile (choose your spice)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cups of warm water.
- Add milk, butter, salt and sugar. Mix it up until well blended
- Pour 3 cups of flour into this mixture, and stir until combined
- Add the green chile and cheese, stir until combined.
- Add remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from bowl and shape into round loafs or put into loaf pans
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes
- Bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes
This delicious, moist bread with a kick from the chile is sure to satisfy at your next gathering.
Give it a try and let us know what you think! Want a PDF version to download and print? Click Here for the PDF version!