When you’re a kid and hate soup, or an adult and hate soup, you are not going to hate this one. Trust me, WE know! This soup is so creamy and filled with such great flavor with our roasted green chiles that everyone is going to want this recipe from you.
- 1 ½ lbs. Boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Margarine or butter
- 2 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 cup Hot water
- ½ to 1 tsp. Ground cumin
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups or 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ cup chopped green chiles
- 1 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- 1 medium tomato chopped into small pieces.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Brown the chicken, onions, and garlic in the butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- Dissolve boullion in hot water
- Add to pan along with cumin
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat and cover and let simmer
- Add cream, cheese, corn, chiles, and tabasco sauce. (I always add some cayenne pepper and salsa to my liking)
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted
- Stir in the tomatoes