Serve this savory chicken over rice or put it into a burrito and you have a favorite meal that is super easy to make.
Recipe from Six Sisters
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 16 oz. jar green salsa
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 New Mexican Connection green chile diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts inside slow cooker.
- Dump all other ingredients over the chicken and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken using two forks.
- Put back in mixture and mix with the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Serve over rice or in a burrito or in taco shells. Sprinkle some shredded cheese and tomatoes over top. Whatever mixtures you love!