If you love baked beans and bacon and green chiles, then you will love these! This will be a hit at the table or your party. The bacon and green chiles are such a great addition to making baked beans quite savory and delicious!
Recipe inspired from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- ½ cup Our New Mexican Frozen Green Chiles, thawed, seeded, skinned, and finely chopped
- 2 (16-oz cans) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 to 8 slices bacon , cooked and cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan brown the ground beef.
- When beef is about halfway done add the onions. Continue to cook until beef is done and the veggies are soft.
- Add Green Chiles
- Drain meat mixture.
- Add the pork and beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the mixture.
- Simmer mixture for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let dish sit for 10 minutes before serving.