Creamy and spicy is where it’s at. Enchiladas that are filled with both, just melt in your mouth and make your belly full. These enchiladas are tortillas filled with cream cheese, chicken, spices, and the most important ingredient of our New Mexican Green chiles!
Photo credit by: Bomb Shell Bling
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 enchilada spice packet
- 2-3 chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded)
- ⅓ cup Green chiles (thawed, seeded, stemmed, and diced)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any kind you love)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese, enchilada spice packet, chicken, and green chiles. (I like to heat up the cream cheese to soften it. Maybe for about 10-15 seconds in the microwave.)
- Put 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of the mixture in the middle of the flat tortilla
- Roll up the tortilla like a burrito but leave the sides of the tortilla out so you have openings on both ends.
- Place the enchiladas side by side in a 9x13 glass pan.
- Pour the can of enchilada sauce all over the top of the enchiladas, smothering them all.
- Place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out and add the cheese over the top and place back in for another 5 minutes.
- Take out and add some cilantro or lemon as a garnish and eat it with some avacado or sour cream or whatever you like! I always love to have chips with mine!