Instant Pot Red Chile Pork is a rich and tender filling for your soft tacos and tamales that will have your family begging for more! You can also cook this in a Crock pot for 3 hours on high heat and 5-6 hours on low heat.
This Recipe is Modified and photo credit from: Cooking With Curls
- 5 pounds Pork shoulder/butt (deboned and cut into large chunks)
- 2 Tablespoons sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Jar of our FRESH HATCH VALLEY CHILE SAUCE
- Remove the bone from pork butt/shoulder and cut pork into large chunks.
- Sprinkle with chipotle pepper and salt mixture and rub to thoroughly coat.
- Place pork into the Instant Pot liner and add chicken stock.
- Secure the lid, select Manual and adjust time to 90 minutes.
- When the pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes then press the pressure knob to release any remaining pressure.
- Shred the Pork
- Add in our Chile Sauce
- Serve over rice or in a tamale or on tortillas and add any toppings you like (lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, lime, etc..)
I don’t have a pressure cooker and don’t plan to. How long should this cook in a slow cooker set on high? I love your red sauce! Also, I bought the adovada spice mix. Do you have a recipe for carne adovada as good as it is in Albuquerque? Thanks