The classic biscuits and gravy New Mexican style! Add in Green Chiles and you have a FEAST!
Recipe modified from Homemade for Elle
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped of our Frozen New Mexican green chilies (thawed, seeded, and chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Ground sausage (cooked)
- 2 Cans of Pillsbury Rolls
Directions for Gravy
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in flour, and whisk well until the flour absorbs all of the butter.
- Slowly pour in milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking vigerously after each addition to break up the lumps and smooth out the gravy.
- The gravy will thicken as it cooks.
- For a thicker gravy, add in more flour, or to thin the gravy out, add in more milk.
- Once you’re happy with the consistency of the gravy, add in chilies, salt and pepper, and cooked sausage and give it a good stir.
- Bake rolls based off of the directions on the back of the can.
- Pour gravy over rolls and ENJOY!