Chips and salsa...one of the best snacks there is! But - the plain ole’ tomato stuff gets boring.
Mix it up with this peach and hatch chile salsa this summer.
Have it on your favorite chips, or try it on grilled fish or meat or a sandwich - or you might like it so much that you'll eat it all alone.
This recipe is modified from Set The Table
- 4 large peaches, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 an onion (about 1/2 cup total) chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 - 3 roasted Hatch Chiles
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove the seeds and chop up the chile
- Chop up all the other ingredients
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse 4 or 5 times to just combine everything.
- Don't over mix or the salsa will be more like soup.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper and extra lime juice.
- Pour it into jars and store in the refrigerator.