Summer gatherings, the perfect appetizer, or just something to treat yourself.
This 7 layer dip will leave you asking for more. With fresh ingredients, authentic New Mexico Grown Chile, and great seasonings - this fresher version of a traditional Seven Layer Dip will be a hit.
Give it a try, and then Shop Our Online Store for the key ingredients you’ll need.
This recipe is modified from The Brewer and The Baker. Photo credit to them too.
- 10.5 oz jar of your favorite Bean Dip
- 1 large avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- ~1/2 jar of your favorite Salsa Verde
- Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
- ½ a bag of roasted and frozen New Mexican Connection Chiles
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Small handful cilantro
- In a wide dish of some sort, evenly spread your favorite bean dip.
- Smash the avocado with some lime juice and a generous pinch of salt and spread over the beans.
- Spoon your salsa verde over top
- Sprinkle with a layer of cheese.
- Spread sour cream over the cheese
- De-seed, peel, and chop your Chiles
- Sprinkle the New Mexican Connection chiles over top
- Dice the tomatoes
- In a small bowl, stir the tomato chunks, red onion, and cilantro together with a pinch of salt.
- Spread this new mix evenly over the top of the dip.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips.
We've found that some people love downloading or printing the PDF version of the recipe - so Click Here to do get the PDF.