Aww...The classic grilled cheese with a summer makeover from our favorite New Mexican Connection Chiles.
This is the recipe for Grilled Cheese lovers, because this will explode their taste buds with joy and satisfaction. Or, it might just be the trick for the Grilled Cheese haters, because when you add some of our chile - it makes all the difference.
Give it a try and when the wonderful melty cheese mixture with authentic New Mexican chiles ooze out of the sandwich, you will know you’ve made a good choice.
This recipe was modified from The Brewer and The Baker.
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
- 4 oz white cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Dash of Worcestershire
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 New Mexican Connection Frozen Chiles
- ⅛ cup light mayo
- ⅛ cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
- Your favorite sliced bread
- Prepare your chiles by peeling and chopping
- Grate the cheese
- Mince the garlic
- Stir the minced garlic, Worcestershire, mayo, and yogurt together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the diced chile to the mixture above
- Add the cheese to the same mixture
- Stir until thoroughly combined
- Mash the cheese mixture until you reach desired consistency.
- For the sandwiches, heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high.
- Assemble the sandwiches and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and the cheese is melted
Pro-Tip: When refrigerated, the cheese mixture can keep for a few days to enjoy the warm sensation of a fresh grilled cheese more than once.
Click Here to download or print a PDF version of the recipe.