Have you ever wanted to taste something totally crazy, and were just afraid to go looking to find it?
Looking for a new summer favorite with Green Chile?
Well, do we have a recipe for you to try in your own home! Maybe check off a bucket list item while you’re at it!
You may be thinking; “Why would I put two AMAZING yet opposite ingredients together, to end up possibly destroying it?”
Well you've got to admit...you are at least curious!
Give it a try. Get Brave, Get Bold, and Get these Green Chiles to add to your sweet treat!
This Recipe was modified from Farmers Market of Grapevine
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar - divided use
- 2 Vanilla Beans - split lengthwise
- 1 bag New Mexican Connection Green Chiles
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Makes about 4 cups of ice cream
- Prepare the green chile by peeling it, de-seeding it, and dicing it very fine
- In a saucepan, scald the milk, cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, vanilla bean (pod and seeds) and half the New Mexican Connection Green Chiles, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until it is smooth.
- Pour about a third of the scalded liquid into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add that back to the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until it is thick.
- Strain mixture into a bowl
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and chill completely.
- Place in an ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions listed in your Ice Cream Maker Guide.
- When it's about half frozen, about 10 minutes into the process, add in the remaining Green Chiles, diced very fine.
If you are the slightest bit curious, give it a try and find a new way to use your favorite green chile.
And if you need a PDF version - just Click Here to download.