One of the greatest additions to a favorite dish. You love pizza, so do we! Why not try it with some amazing green chiles, then your mouth will want the whole pizza instead of just a slice.
This recipe is modified from My Turn For Us. Photo credit to them too.
- 1 can Pizza dough
For the Pizza Toppings
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- button mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup New Mexican Roasted Green Chile (thawed, seeded, peeled , and chopped)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese grated
- Place 1/4 cup of olive in a small dish and add the minced garlic.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place in a large ziplock bag,
- Pour in the olive oil with the minced garlic.
- Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 1 hour, but can be marinated overnight.
- Light grill and when the coals are ready, remove the chicken breasts from marinade and grill until done about 10-12 minutes per side.
- Let chicken rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes and then chop into bite-size pieces or shred.
- Roll out the pizza dough.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Place on grill for about 2-3 minutes until the bread is lightly browned.
- Turn over and brush with olive oil.
- Spread the green chile on the pizza dough, and place sliced mushrooms, chicken pieces and cover with plenty of cheese.
- Close grill and cook for about 5 minutes.